There are so many possible variations of this healthy, delicious quinoa salad. You really can add any vegetables you want! I’ve posted my favourite Mediterranean-inspired variation below.
- 1 C rinsed quinoa
- 1 1/2 C cold water
- 1/4 tsp salt
Add quinoa, water and salt to a medium sized pot. Bring to a boil. Cover and turn down the heat. Let simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit an additional 5 minutes while still covered. Fluff with a fork and cool.
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 red, green or yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 C halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 C feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 C garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3+ Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Add vegetables, feta cheese and garbanzo beans to cooled quinoa. Combine. Drizzle dressing over top and stir. Chill.