Summer’s almost over, but BBQ season lives on. Here is a pasta salad that will go great with all your September BBQ’s.
- 1 box of whole wheat penne
- 1/2 C artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1 C cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 1 small tin of sliced black olives, drained
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 C balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to directions on box. Cool. Add artichokes, cherry tomatoes, garbanzo beans, olives, and basil. In a separate small bowl, mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. Pour over pasta, and toss well. Add more olive oil/vinegar/s&p if needed. Adapted from here.