If mango is not available or you are too impatient to wait for a mango to ripen, you can substitute 1/2 C raisins! Original recipe here.
- 1/3 C plain yogurt (I used greek)
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 C water
- 1 C quinoa
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1/3 C fresh mint, chopped
Mix yogurt, lime juice, curry powder, ginger, salt and pepper togther in a small bowl.
Add quinoa and water to a medium sized pot. Bring to a boil. Cover and turn down the heat. Let simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit an additional 5 minutes while still covered. Fluff with a fork and cool a bit.
Combine yogurt mixture with quinoa in medium sized bowl, and stir in remaining ingredients. Serve warm. Yummm!