Vegetarian stew with turmeric and paprika. Serve over quinoa or rice. Original recipe here.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp of each: black pepper, ground coriander, ground cumin, turmeric, ground ginger and cayenne pepper
- 1 C water
- 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (approx 1×1 inch)
- 1-2 C carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 C fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
In a large pot, saute onion in olive oil until soft, then add garlic and all the spices. Mix well. Add water, tomatoes and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Add squash and carrots, return to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender (about 30-40 min). Stir in cilantro and mint just before serving.