What’s in my fridge? Surprisingly, the food found in my fridge and pantry is very similar to the current Ab Diet or Eating Clean Diet that has people going crazy. However, after eating this way for the past 5 months, my abs are still nowhere to be found… Anyway, most of the items are foods that I really enjoy and have many have become some of my favourites! They are good-for-you foods that keep me full and nourished, and don’t cause me to feel gross after eating, or give me a sugar spike-and-crash (with the exception of my baking ingredients). There is enough variety that I can make many different meals without having to put much planning into my grocery list. As long as I have the things listed below, breakfast, snacks, lunch, and dinner is covered! So, here’s the list:
- Produce: Bananas, apples, berries (strawberries, raspberries or blueberries), a lime or lemon (for cooking Asian dishes or for water), avocado, carrots, bell peppers, tomatoes (roma or cherry), cucumber, onion, lettuce, fresh basil, fresh ginger root, garlic
- Dairy: mozzarella cheese (a little for homemade pizza), fat-free plain Greek yogurt, 1% milk
- Nuts/protein/other: Hummus, natural peanut butter, raw almonds, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, marinara pasta sauce, ketchup, chickpeas, honey, eggs, curry powder, ground cumin
- Grains: Quinoa, whole wheat pasta, whole-grain bread, whole-wheat pitas, wild rice, oatmeal (for breakfast), rye crackers (i.e. Ryvita or Wasa)
- Meat: Canned tuna, turkey breast, chicken breast
- Baking (warning: not healthy, hehe): flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, chocolate chips, baking soda, baking powder, cubed margarine, cocoa, cinnamon, bran, vegetable oil
Together, these ingredients make up my weekly staples: Banana Bran Muffins, Fresh Veggie Omelettes, Oat & Banana Pancakes, Power Oatmeal, Backyard Berry Crisp, Double Chocolate Chip Cookies, Grilled Chicken, Blueberry & Goat Cheese Salad, Summer Quinoa Salad, Basil Cream Sauce, Lemon Fusilli, Homemade Granola Bars, and many more things that I have not posted recipes for!