Filling and full of flavour! This recipe makes 8+ servings.
- 1/2 lb cooked italian sausage (or farmer sausage), sliced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 27 oz can diced tomatoes + liquid
- 1-1.5 L water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 Tbsp bouillon powder
- 1 19 oz can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 C whole wheat rotini, uncooked
In a large pot, saute italian sausage until lightly browned. Add onion and green pepper, and saute until soft. Add diced tomatoes and water. Stir in salt, pepper, oregano and bouillon. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add chick peas and pasta and cook for an additional 10-12 min, or until pasta is cooked to desired tenderness.