I got a slow cooker for Christmas!
This is the first thing I made. I’ve been making this recipe for years on the stove, but it has never tasted as good as it did after simmering away in a slow cooker for hours! I grew up putting ketchup on my stew to kick up the flavour, but this recipe incorporates diced tomatoes, so no ketchup required! Original recipe here.
- 1 lb boneless stewing beef
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 796mL can of diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 package of broth bouillon
- 1/2 C water
- 1/4 C sun-dried tomato & oregano dressing
Mix beef and flour together in slow cooker until beef is evenly coated. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours, or low for 6-8 hours. Serve with pumpernickel bread.