Another winning stew to make in your slow cooker! It can also be made on the stove top. This recipe incorporates many of my favourite flavours: curry, lime, peanuts, ginger, and cilantro. Serve with brown rice.
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 C vegetable or chicken broth
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-2 Jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 Tbsp (or more if you like!) fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1/3 C all natural peanut butter (I used Adam’s Salt-free Crunchy)
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 C fresh cilantro, chopped
Add all ingredients (except the cilantro) to your slow cooker. Stir. Cook on high for 4-5 hours. Stir in cilantro immediately before serving, or use as garnish.