Another great one for your slow cooker! You can leave out the chicken and use vegetable stock to make it vegetarian and it will taste just as great. Adapted from here.
- 1 C quinoa, uncooked
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 2 cans of black beans, rinsed
- 1 can of corn, rinsed
- 3 C water
- 1 package of chicken bouillon (approx 1 Tbsp)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper (green/yellow/orange/red, your choice), chopped
- 1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp (or more!) chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Add all ingredients to slow cooker and mix to evenly distribute. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4-6 hours.