Are you looking for a healthy, wholesome, filling & low-sugar breakfast? Look no further! This granola will keep your tummy so full and happy, you might even forget to eat lunch! The seeds & nuts can be mixed and matched to incorporate your favourites.
- 6 C of steel cut oats (rolled oats will also work)
- 1 C wheat germ (adds nutrients and flavour!)
- 1 C unsweetened coconut, shredded (optional)
- 3/4 C sunflower seeds, unsalted
- 3/4 C sliced almonds
- 1/2 C pumpkin seeds, unsalted
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 C honey
- 1/2 C canola oil (or another oil of your choice)
- 1/3 C ground flax seeds
Pre-heat oven to 350F. Mix together the oatmeal, wheat germ, coconut, cinnamon, seeds and nuts. Pour oil and honey into a microwavable bowl, microwave for 30-45 seconds, then whisk. Pour over oatmeal mixture. Thoroughly stir until everything is evenly coated. Place on a large cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Take out, stir, and bake for 5-10 min more. Cool and add flax seeds.