This little salad was the result of the question: what do I have left in my fridge? I mixed a bunch of leftover ingredients together, and surprisingly, it was delicious! Walnuts could be substituted for pine nuts, and dried cranberries would be an excellent addition.
- 1 Can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 C Walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 C Green onion, chopped
- 1/4 C Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 Yellow bell pepper, chopped finely
- 1/2 C Mixed baby greens or arugula
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- Juice squeezed from 1/2 a lemon
- Dash of sea salt
- Dash of black pepper
Mash chickpeas in a medium sized bowl using a fork or potato masher. Don’t over-mash into a paste like hummus, but just until most of the chickpeas are broken. Add remaining ingredients and stir until evenly blended.