Spicy & so filling! Great for a cold & foggy day like today (although probably not the healthiest thing!) Adapted from here.
- 8 Strips of bacon, chopped
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 1-3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Pork spice, or something with a little extra kick
- 1/2 Kale bunch, stemmed and chopped
- 2 Baking potatoes, quartered & sliced
- 8 C Water
- 2 Tbsp Soup bouillon powder
- 1/2 C Cream, half and half or heavy
- Sriracha sauce and/or grated sharp cheddar to top it off!
In a large soup pot, cook bacon until it starts to get crispy. Put bacon aside in a small bowl, leaving the fat in the bottom of the pot. Saute the onion and garlic in the bacon fat until caramelized. Stir in the salt, pepper and seasoning. Add the chopped kale, and stir until the kale turns bright green and completely wilts down. Add potatoes, water, bouillon, and bacon. Bring to a boil, then turn down heat to low, cover, and let simmer until potatoes are cooked (about 20-30 min). Stir in cream immediately before serving. Top with a swirl of Sriracha and grated cheese!